Sunday, January 10, 2010

January

Happy New Year!! In the spirit of the new year, I like to think about where we were this time last year (only one baby), two years ago (Colleen's first Christmas), and 10 years ago (Dan and I were dating, but not yet engaged). I adore this time with our family, but it really does go by too fast.

Colleen's imagination is so amazing. A few days ago, she told me that Grammy was stuck on the roof. She said, 'Grammy, get down' and 'Be careful Grammy.' Tonight she told me that she was fishing and she kept throwing Dan's belt over the side of the chair and she would 'wind it up' and tell me what she caught. She caught a tire, a stinky boot and a gooey fish.

I love her little words. Dan decided to let her watch Dumbo, so he put on the movie and he was watching it with her and she said, 'this is a nice show, Daddy.' We were playing later and I was pretending to cry and Dan asked, 'why is Mommy crying?' Colleen said, 'I'm not sure.'

She plays so well independently, but she's not very interested in doing art projects with me. If you look at the pages of her coloring book, most of them are done by me. A few pages have some scribbles, but she prefers to take all the tops off of the markers and wear them on her fingers or line them up.

Poor Molly is teething. It is so painful for the both of us. She does not sleep for more than an hour at a time during the night. She has been napping ok during the day (1-2 hours) and she is so happy and playful when she wakes up, but you can tell she's in pain at night. Her little moans are heartbreaking.

We started Molly on solids a few weeks ago and she's already become my little baby bird. We've only tried rice cereal (eh), carrots (yum), apples (yum) and oatmeal mixed with apples. Tomorrow, I think we'll try peas.

Pictures to come!

No comments: